McDreamy’s First Wife Was His Mother’s Best Friend and Other Odd Facts
Before he became Dr. McDreamy, Patrick Dempsey’s first wife happened to be his manager who was 27-years his senior.
When recent news broke that Patrick Dempsey and his current wife were filing for divorce, I got curious and started to wonder who his first wife was.
The little info I did find led me to the following strange details:
- Dempsey’s first wife was named Rochelle ‘Rocky’ Parker who was born on February 26, 1940.
- Parker was best friends with Patrick’s mom.
- She also was his assistant on the set of the 1987 movie, ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ and later became his manager for a short period.
- In 1987, Patrick Dempsey and Rocky Parker married, he was 21 and she was 47-years old.
- The two were married for seven years until Parker filed for divorce in 1994, citing “irreconcilable differences,” reportedly after he told her that he had met another woman. There was also tabloid talk that she accused him of beating her, but no claims were actually verified by a court of law.
- When interviewed in 2006 by Barbara Walters she asked him about his first marriage, to which Dempsey replied, "Yeah, I think I needed a mother."
- Rocky Parker died on April 19, 2014 in Los Angeles, California but no cause of death can be found anywhere.
- See a picture of the couple here.
Seems that even the rich and famous have skeletons in their closets too.