Fireworks Safety Guidelines and Reminders
Celebrate America safely this 4th of July with these friendly safety reminders.
With a no fireworks ban in El Paso County this year, it is important to make sure that you handle pyrotechnics properly, safely, and read all label directions carefully and use common sense.
The 4th of July, as Bill Pullman once said, marks America’s Independence Day and as we get ready to celebrate it’s also a good time to review some safety precautions.
- Make sure you are aware of your surroundings and terrain
- Check the proximity of combustibles and homes
- Be considerate of your neighbors and their pets and mind the hour of usage
- Always use fireworks in an outdoor setting
- Children should never use fireworks without close adult supervision
- Light one pyrotechnic at a time and move to a safe distance away while it ignites
- Purchase fireworks only from a licensed vendor
- Safely dispose of all spent casings and debris
- Pet owners should secure their dogs and cats indoors when fireworks are discharged
It’s also worth noting that children under 16 cannot purchase fireworks nor can intoxicated adult.
Whatever your plans are for this 4th of July – have fun and be safe.