El Pasoans Asked to Clean Out Trash Bins To Help Reduce Odors
The City of El Paso Environmental Services Department is encouraging customers to clean out bins in an effort to curtail trash odor nuisance.
Now that we are all at home more due to the pandemic - trash seems to collect sooner than usual and the current triple-digit high temperatures only exasperate trash odors.
According to the City of El Paso Environmental Services Department, Chapter 9 of the El Paso City Code obliges residents to maintain their trash and recycling receptacles in a "clean and nuisance-free condition."
In an effort to decrease trash odor from bins the City of El Paso Environmental Services Department is asking that residents clean out their bins on a regular basis by simply rinsing them out.
Helpful Cleaning Tips:
- Rinse and drain food residue from recyclables
- Recyclable material such as paper, plastic, aluminum, and cardboard should not be bagged
- Shredded paper and plastic bags are Not accepted recyclable items
- Wash bins on a regular basis with dish soap or vinegar
- Bag all trash placed in the gray bin
- The lids for each bin should always be closed completely
Residents can learn more about all services offered by downloading the free ESD Works For You app available in both English and Spanish.
The free app helps residents learn more about the solid waste services offered including requesting bin repairs (which are free of charge), what to recycle, or set a collection day reminder.
READ MORE: 10 free apps to help you get fit in our new normal