El Paso Weather: Record Breaking Heat Expected This Week Plus Chances For Storms
Dear Summer, you can go back to sleep if you want. I’m not ready for the return of record-breaking temperatures!
Yup, our afternoon highs for Tuesday and Wednesday are expected to either tie record highs or break them.
Tuesday’s high is expected to reach a scorching 106! The record to break is 105 and honestly, I’m good at not breaking any records. Yikes!
Wednesday’s highs are expected to be just as hot as Tuesday but one degree…cooler? 105 is the expected high for Wednesday afternoon.
And Then There Was Rain:
These near record-breaking temperatures will somewhat cool down as we expect the return of rain.
Wednesday’s forecast will have the perfect ingredients for showers and thunderstorms to develop in the afternoon and into the evening.
The greatest chance of getting some severe storms will be Wednesday evening and storm chances will remain in the forecast for the rest of the week into the weekend.
Beat The Heat Tips:
The heat is no joke! If you absolutely have to step outside in the heat here are a few tips to keep in mind to stay safe under extreme heat:
- Stay in an air-conditioned indoor location as much as you can.
- Drink plenty of fluids even if you don't feel thirsty.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully. The sun is hottest between 11 am and 2 pm and sunburns are most likely to happen during that period.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing and sunscreen.
- Cool down your “hot zones” by applying a little ice pack or a bottle filled with iced water to these pressure points to help you cool down immediately: Ankles, Behind the knees, Wrists, Elbow bends, Neck, Temples.
- A little spice will actually help you cool down: Spicy food increases your blood circulation, which in turn gets you sweaty. Sweating cools you down when the sweat cools down. Weird, but good to know!