El Paso International Airport Goes All out for the Holidays
The El Paso International Airport is ready for the holidays decked out in lights, decorations and entertainment just in time for the holiday season.
The El Paso International Airport will welcome about 250,000 passengers, plus thousands of their friends and family members during the month of December.
In anticipation of this busy holiday travel season, the airport is embracing the holiday with plenty of live entertainment, shopping and plenty of decorative holiday trees and wreaths, and other ornaments making it a welcoming place for passenger departures, arrivals and family and friend reunions.
The outside of the airport will feature the following:
- 75,000 lights decorate trees along Terminal Drive and Convair Road
- 19,000 lights line the building roof and porte-cochere
- Ten (10) – 9-foot tall 2-dimensional displays in the shapes of gift boxes, ornaments and stars along Terminal Drive
- Fifty-three (53) – 4-foot tall ornament wreaths hang through Airway Drive from I-10 to Airport Road and around Terminal Drive
- Inside the terminal visitors and passengers will see:
- 30-foot lighted outdoor tree
- 25-foot tall indoor tree with unique, re-purposed and handmade ornaments
- About 800 feet of garland
- Nine (9) – 4-foot tall hand decorated wreaths
This year the El Paso International Airport will include around 30 musical ensembles that are scheduled to perform between December 7th and December 22nd in the airport’s meeter/greeter area. Various bands, orchestras, choirs from high schools and middle schools from around the area will perform holiday music for passengers as they arrive.
Find the perfect gifts with Galleria Zia Native Arts and The Plaza News and Gift which are both located downstairs pre-security. Gift shops offer local, handmade and unique gift options. After security, shop at the brand new El Paso Marketplace, as well as the Barnett Harley Davidson, El Paso Sun City News, Heritage Book Sellers and CNBC East.
Airport ambassadors will be on duty during peak hours to provide assistance to travelers. Ambassadors will have giveaways and complimentary pictures by the tree.
For more information visit flyelpaso.com