Schools and City Government Among Memorial Day Closures in El Paso
State and federal offices will be closed Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day. Here is what will remain open and what will be closed in El Paso:
All El Paso area school districts will have the day off, as will the University of Texas El Paso, and El Paso Community College.
The El Paso County Courthouse, county offices, as well as City Hall and its related offices will be closed.
City Libraries and Museums
Parks and Recreation Aquatic, Senior and Rec Centers
- Senior Centers, after-school programs and daycare operations, CLOSED
- Acosta Sports Center, 4321 Delta Dr., OPEN 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- City pools and Aquatic Centers, OPEN
- Only the following Rec Centers will be open:
● Don Haskins, 7400 High Ridge Dr.
● Gary del Palacio, 3001 Parkwood Dr.
● Multipurpose, 9031 Viscount Blvd.
● Nolan Richardson, 4435 Maxwell Ave.
● Officer David Ortiz, 563 N Carolina Dr.
● O’Rourke, 901 N. Virginia St.
● San Juan, 701 N. Glenwood St.
Sun Metro & Streetcar
All fixed routes, BRIO, and LIFT services will operate on a holiday schedule. The El Paso Streetcar will operate from 11 a.m. to midnight. Specific route information and other details can be found HERE.
● Indoor/Outdoor city pools
● El Paso Zoo
● Animal Services Shelter 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
● The Greater El Paso Landfill, CLOSED
● Municipal Court and Bond Offices, CLOSED
● Department of Public Health, including all WIC Centers, CLOSED
● One Stop Shop, CLOSED
● Rawlings Dental Clinic, CLOSED
● WIC Clinics, CLOSED
Banks and Postal Service
Banks and other financial institutions along with the United States Post Office will be closed. There will not be any mail delivery on Monday, and any banking will have to be conducted online or at an ATM.
Retail and Restaurants
Malls and retail stores will not be taking the day off because how else can we get HUGE savings on mattresses, sofas, and cars? Most restaurants, fast food chains, and grocery stores will be open as well.
However, some may be operating on holiday schedule with limited or reduced hours of operation, while others -- such as locally owned small businesses -- may be closed. Call to confirm before heading out.