Stand With Estela Casas Cancer Foundation Seeking Applicants For First-Ever Scholarship Awards
Scholarship season is upon us and The Stand with Estela Cancer Foundation along with Bags of Hope are excited to be awarding their first ever scholarship awards to high school and college students in our community who have been affected by cancer.
“No one fights alone. I had a team of family, friends and strangers rooting and praying for me and my family when I was on my journey with breast cancer,” said Estela Casas, founder of the Stand With Estela Cancer Foundation.
Bags of Hope along with the Stand with Estela Casas Cancer Foundation want to help teenagers looking for money to pay for college by awarding ten $1,000 scholarships to local high school seniors.
“The $1,000 can go a long way to pay for books or to help furnish the dorm,” said Casas.
The organization will also be awarding a $2,500 scholarship to an enrolled UTEP student that has been on a personal breast cancer journey.
“For a woman battling cancer and attending UTEP, receiving $2,500 also helps with the high cost of higher education. It’s a small way to give back to the community because we fight together,” said Casas.
The Stand With Estela Cancer Foundation has been helping women who are battling cancer in our community by providing resources for them through their cancer journeys. Providing financial relief for young students who are on their own cancer journey is a way to encourage our youth to never give up despite the struggles they are dealing with.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants must submit a 500-word essay describing their cancer experience or that of an immediate family member which would include a Mother, Father, Sibling, and Grandparent.
- Essays must be typed using academic formatting which includes Times New Romans or Arial, Double spaced, and one-inch margins.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA or better to be eligible.
- You must attend an El Paso Region 19 High School
- High School transcripts must be attached with the submission
- Make sure to include your name, email, and contact number
You can submit your application to email@example.com.
The deadline to submit is Thursday, March 31, 2022.