2019 Music Under the Stars Gets Underway Sunday at the Chamizal
The free summer concert series Music Under the Stars is now underway at the Chamizal National Memorial.
The 36th season will run on consecutive Sundays through June 30, and feature an all local bands lineup. And while the popular Noche Ranchera is back, there will not be a Fourth of July Fireworks show this year.
As 93.1 KISS-FM previously reported, there will only be 4 free concerts this year -- all at the Chamizal. The reason for the shortened season is twofold: federal budget concerns, and the redevelopment of the Cohen Stadium site.
Music Under the Stars is one of El Paso’s signature summer events, and a favorite for area families who want to end their weekend with a chill night of picnics, music, and dancing. All concerts are from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
What to Know Before You Go
• Chairs and blankets are welcomed
• Coolers and ice chests are allowed, but glass containers are not
• Grills are allowed, but not permitted in the concert area surrounding the amphitheater
• Umbrellas and tents are permitted in the concert area, but must be taken down before the concert begins
• Pets are not allowed
• No outside alcohol is permitted; there will be vendors selling alcohol, food, and other refreshments
• Running, kicking, and throwing games as well as bicycling and smoking are not permitted in the concert area, but are allowed in other areas of the park