Local Donut Shop The Glazy Opening Near UTEP
El Paso, get ready for a new donut experience as The Glazy Donut Co. moves into the old B & W: Burgers, Wings & Beer joint on the corner of Mesa & University.
El Paso is home to some fantastic local donut shops, and now El Pasoans will have another option when The Glazy Donut Co. opens, serving up some unique donuts, local coffee, and other treats near UTEP.
The Glazy Donut Co. plans to open in the short-lived B & W: Burgers, Wings & Beer joint, which was previously Johnny Rockets and several gas station incarnations before then.
The new locale has been getting remodeled over the last few weeks with new outdoor seating and a new paint job saturated in bright colors.
The local team behind Lemon Beaters had such great success with their first McRae location that they opened a second shop in Dyer and now have set their sights on something sweeter with The Glazy Donut Co.
Here’s what we know so far about The Glazy Donut Co.:
- The Glazy Donut Co. concept aims to provide delicious artisan doughnuts with a handful of flagship doughnuts along with seasonal options.
- Indoor and outdoor seating
- Drive-thru option
- Plans to open daily beginning at 6 a.m. for the early shifters
- They will be offering discounts to UTEP students, first responders, healthcare workers, and neighbors in the surrounding area
- The plan is to open before the summer, sometime in May this year
As we get ready to welcome The Glazy Donut Co. to the neighborhood, let’s not forget that local businesses only succeed when their community supports their efforts. So this summer, hit up The Glazy to get your sugar and caffeine fix on.
Congrats, The Glazy; we can’t wait to meet ya’!
LOOK: Here are copycat recipes from 20 of the most popular fast food restaurants in America