KISS-FM’s Monika Returns to ‘Chefs & Stars’ to Defend Her Title
The 2nd Annual Chefs & Stars returns in March and Monika alongside Jonathan Bowden of Bella Cora return to defend their title at this year’s fundraiser.
Rebuilding El Paso Together is a non profit organization who through fundraising and volunteers offer free home improvements to those residents in the community who have a lower than average income, disabled, veterans or elderly.
Last year Chefs & Stars collected just close to $20,000 in donations. Jonathan Bowden of Bella Cora and Monika were teamed up last year and won not only the dessert category but the overall prize of the evening, taking home two trophies. And while it’s fun to say that they won that evening, the truth is that members of the community are the ones that really won because of the efforts from every single volunteer who donate their time and passion to help our fellow El Pasoans who need the assistance.
Join us for Chefs & Stars featuring music, cocktails, a silent auction, door prizes local celebrities such as news anchors, Robert Holguin and Denise Olivas, and Monika will even be going up against Glenn Garza from KISS-FM's sister station KLAQ. Local restaurants and their chefs include Anson 11, Mesa Street Grill, Cafe Central and many more.
Chefs & Stars Lineup:
- Chef Rudy Valdes of Stonewood Modern Grill with Stars Alberto O and Mike Z of Casa Auto Group Vs. Chef Carlos Castillo of Anson 11 with Star Joey of Fungi Mungle
- Chef Aldo Mora of Café Central with Star Robert Holguin of KFOX TV Vs. Chefs Hector & Enrique of Mesa Street Grill with Star Denise Olivas of KVIA TV
- Chef Jonathan Bowden of Bella Cora Bakery with Star Monika of KISS-FM Vs. Chef Julie Adauto of Orange Peel Pastries with Star Glenn Garza of KLAQ-FM
Plus this year the special Guest Star will be none other than boxer, David Rodriguez.
For tickets and more information visit chefandstars.com or call 915-519-0063
- $75 – Individual
- $50 – Military
- $25 – Student
- $1000 – Corporate Table for 10
- Sponsorship opportunities also available
The public is also invited to donate and make a donation and vote online and for their favorite chef as well.
- Saturday – March 18
- 5 p.m. Cocktail Hour
- 6 p.m. Dinner
- EPIC Railyard Center
- 2201 E. Mills Ave.