Join The El Paso Zoo Society For Its 1st Ever Dia De Muertos Gala
The El Paso Zoo Society will host its first-ever Dia de Los Muertos Gala celebrating the annual time-honored holiday tradition.
Dia De Los Muertos (Day of The Day) is the annual Mexican holiday that begins October 31 and runs through November 2nd, honoring the memory of past family members and friends who are remembered through prayers, parades, offerings, and an overall celebration of their life.
This year the El Paso Zoo Society invites all to the first-ever Dia De Los Muertos Gala festive celebration that will feature a parade led by El Paso’s Roller Derby team along with stilt walkers, a fortune teller, dancing robots, face painting, alabrijes, ofrendas, live art, performances by Mariachi Plata Band and a silent auction. Attendees will also have the opportunity to experience a one-of-a-kind giraffe feeding and lion encounter and much more.
General Admission: $100/person or 10 pack for $1000
- Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Guests will be welcomed into the Gala by Mariachi Plata Band and Dancers
- Red Carpet Photos
- Food tastings and open bars throughout the Zoo
- Face Painting available for an additional fee / $12 pp
- Jaguar Enrichment
- End of the evening Sparkler Ceremony to honor loved ones
VIP Admission: $250/person or 10 pack for $2500
- Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
- The opening reception will take place at the Africa section of the Zoo
- Live mural painting will feature Rick “Enks” Uribe, winner of Skin Wars (Season 3)
- DJ Cromo
- Free Face Painting
- Themed food, candy bar, open serving wine, beer, and cocktails
- Giraffe feeding and lion encounter
- VIP attendees will then join up for the main event, which begins at 7:30 p.m.
- El Paso Zoo Society 1st Annual Diá de los Muertos Gala
- El Paso Zoo (4001 E Paisano, El Paso, TX 79905)
- October 16, 2021
- 21 +
- Attire: Día de los Muertos attire is encouraged
To purchase tickets and for more information, call 915-212-0245 - Proceeds to benefit the El Paso Zoo Society (non-profit) advocating for the Zoo in the Community, and providing capital fundraising, operational support, membership, and volunteer services.