Fourth of July Events Guide: Fireworks, Parades + More
Watching fireworks go up into the night sky is a Fourth of July tradition, and El Paso won’t be for a lack of places one can watch bombs bursting in air Thursday night.
But it isn’t the only way to celebrate our country's independence. Various events are planned around town. Some, like Pop Goes the Fort, will feature patriotic music and a fireworks display while others, like the La Viña Country Picnic, offer other forms of musical entertainment and family fun.
Here’s your 2019 guide to 4th of July festivities in and around the El Paso area:
Celebrate America's 243rd birthday at one of many professional fireworks displays around El Paso.
From an Independence Day celebration with the time-honored tradition of patriotic music in the Northeast to day-long festivities that will culminate with fireworks over Ascarate Lake there's something for everyone on every side of town.
To find somewhere to “ooh” and “aah” as the skyline explodes into a colorful canopy of patriotic power, click HERE.
● Independence Day Celebration at San Jacinto Plaza: Performances from Hypnosis Band and the Dream Merchants, food vendors, and activities for the kids. [More Info]
● Freedom Festival: Food trucks, water fun and games, and a free concert by Christian music artist John Mark McMillan. [More Info]
● Ardovino’s Desert Crossing Fireworks Watching Party: Live music from Bosse Band, a BBQ buffet, and an awesome view of the Western Playland fireworks display [More Info]
● 4th of July Picnic at La Vina: The La Union, New Mexico winery will host its annual picnic on the lawn with live music, and lawn games. Burgers and hotdogs will be sold on site, but you’re more than welcome to bring your own picnic. [More Info]
● Independence Day Extravaganza: Live music, food trucks, rides and games at Cougar Park in Socorro. [More Info]
In addition to fireworks, picnics, and celebrations, there will be a handful of good old fashioned parades taking place Thursday morning as well. For a list of where you can take in the time-honored tradition of classic cars and local beauty queens, click HERE.