Two Clinics Reopen for El Paso Residents After TB Investigation
Two of the Department of Public Health Immunization Clinics will reopen to the public starting next week.
Both clinics had been temporarily reorganized in order to allow clinic space at the 5115 El Paso Drive location to be used to test and treat patients involved in the Tuberculosis exposure event that began late last year. Now that the investigation is over the clinics will reopen to the residents of El Paso.
- 5115 El Paso Drive (Suite B, Door C)
- Reopens on March 23, 2015
- Monday through Wednesday
- 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- 5587 Transmountain Road
- Reopens on March 26, 2015
- Thursdays only
- 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The City of El Paso provides immunizations for eligible children and adults. The cost for children’s vaccines is $10.00 for one vaccine or $20.00 for two or more. This service is provided under the Texas Vaccines for Children Program (TVFC). In order for clients to be eligible to receive TVFC immunizations at the Department of Public Health Clinics, clients must be:
- Younger than 18 years of age
- Medicaid eligible (ALL Texas Medicaid plans accepted, or
- Uninsured: a child who has no health insurance coverage, or
- American Indian or Alaskan Native, or
- Enrolled in CHIP, or
- Under-insured: a child with no insurance coverage for vaccinations or only partial coverage
- Eligible children will not be denied vaccination if the parent/guardian is unable to pay the administration fee.
The immunization clinics carry plenty amounts of children vaccines under the Texas Vaccines for Children Program including: MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), DTaP, Hep A, Hep B, Polio, Rotavirus, Influenza, Pneumococcal, Human papilloma virus (HPV), HIB, Varicella, Td and Tdap.
The Immunization Program also provides vaccines to uninsured patients aged 19 years and older who qualify under the Adult Safety Net (ASN) program.
Vaccines available are limited to Hep B, MMR, Td and TdaP. The cost is $25.00 per vaccine. In addition, the HPV vaccine for UNINSURED adults ages 19-26 is also available. The cost is $25.00 per dose.
The Immunization clinics also provide limited amounts of private vaccines for those who do not qualify for the Texas Vaccines for Children Program or the Adult Safety Net. Cost is dependent on the vaccine and includes a $25.00 administration fee. For the list of private vaccines and cost please contact our appointment line at 915-212-6555.
The Department has four additional clinics conveniently located all over El Paso that provide fast, friendly and knowledgeable service. For appointments or more information please call 915-212-6555. Walk-ins are also accepted.
For more information on the programs and services offered by the Department of Public Health, visit EPHealth.com or dial 2-1-1.