Spirit of Giving Campaign Helping El Pasoans In Need
The 31st annual Spirit of Giving Campaign returns to help those in need in the El Paso community.
For the last 31 years, the Spirit of Giving campaign was created by the El Paso Community Foundation to help out our community. The El Paso Community Foundation works with more than two dozen local nonprofits to identify people they serve who are in need.
Most of us are blessed to have a comfortable home with plenty of food and heat to stay warm this holiday season. However, there are those in our community who struggle all year and the holidays are especially difficult for them – consider giving back to help someone who might otherwise go without this holiday season.
Beginning this week, Spirit of Giving trees will be located at various location across El Paso including:
- Cielo Vista Mall
- At GECU locations at Viscount and Airway, Rojas and Zaragoza, North Loop and Horizon, Dyer and Diana, and Helen of Troy and Resler.
The Spirit of Giving trees are adorned with snowflake tags, which represent the stories of children, elderly, and disabled El Pasoans in need. Pick a tag, buy a gift, place it in a gift bag, attach the tag, and return it to the Spirit of Giving location where you picked up the tag.
- You also can give via the virtual tree at spiritofgiving.epcf.org, click the tag of the story that moves you and pay for the gift.
The El Paso Community Foundation will ensure that it is delivered. Or print the tag, purchase the gift, wrap it and deliver it, with the tag, to our office at 333 N. Oregon St. on the 2nd Floor. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
Gift drop-off deadlines are:
- December 16, GECU
- December 19, El Paso Community Foundation
- December 20, Cielo Vista Mall
- December 23, Sunland Park Mall