SISD Expands Free ‘Supper Program’ to 7th Campus
A total of seven schools in the Socorro Independent School District are now providing students in after school programs a free meal.
According to a district news release, Desert Wind School has been added to the list of district schools participating in the “supper program.” The initiative provides no cost meals so students who remain on campus for extracurricular activities after classes have been dismissed, or children who would otherwise go long hours without eating.
Instead of going hungry or opting for chips or cheap fast food, students can drop by the school cafeteria and grab a nutritious bite on their way to rehearsal, practice, or home.
The free meals are available Monday–Thursday as early as 3:15 p.m. to kids 18 and younger, but are also available for purchase by adults. The 7 SISD campuses participating are listed below.
• 4:15-5:45 p.m. at Eastlake High School 13000 Emerald Pass Ave.
• 4:15-6 p.m. at Socorro High School, 10150 Alameda Ave.
• 3:15-4 p.m. at Bill Sybert School, 11530 Edgemere Blvd.
• 3:15-5 p.m. at Ernesto Serna School, 11471 Alameda Ave.
• 3:15-5 p.m. at Capt. Walter E. Clarke Middle School 1515 Bob Hope Dr.
• 3:15-5 p.m. at Mission Ridge Elementary School, 150 Nonap Rd.
• 3:15-4:45 p.m. at Desert Wind School, 1100 Colina De Paz Dr.