Road Work in West El Paso Could Affect Your Commute This Week
Traveling through west El Paso this week might require a bit of extra time, patience, and an alternate route.
TxDot crews will be shutting down I-10 East from Sunland to Executive every night this week as well as North Mesa northbound from Baltimore to Mesita. Thankfully, both closures start at 9 p.m.
The nightly I-10 closure is related to roadwork that shut down the freeway most of this past weekend so crews could place beams over the roadway. This time its for placement of deck panels. The on-going construction on that stretch of I-10 is part of the Mesa Park Interchange project.
The overnight work on Mesa is related to the Mesa Street Rehabilitation Project currently underway. Crews are doing a “full-depth repair” of the roughly 5-mile length of roadway from Baltimore/Glory Road to Sunland Park Drive, which became necessary after the pavement took a beating while serving as an alternate route over the past four years while I-10 was under construction.
But not all the work on Mesa is being done in the late evening and overnight hours. Mesa northbound between Baltimore and Brentwood is reduced to one lane until further notice as is Mesa southbound between Sunland Park and Festival.
Additional projects on North Mesa that may impact your commute during the daytime hours include pothole repairs from Resler to Sunland Park, and pedestrian safety improvements from Crown Point near Sunland Park to Gregory Ave in the Kern area. Those projects will result in more lane closures.
Mesa Park Project
• Monday, June 22 through Saturday, June 27 - 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
I-10 eastbound from Sunland Park to Executive, complete closure.
Mesa Rehabilitation Project
• Sunday, June 21 through Thursday, June 25 - 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Mesa northbound lanes between Baltimore and Mesita, complete closure.
• Daily until further notice, Mesa northbound between Baltimore and Brentwood reduced to one lane.
• Daily until further notice, Mesa southbound between Sunland Park and Festival reduced to one lane.
Mesa Safety Improvement Project
Monday, June 22 through Friday, June 26 - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Mesa between Festival and Crown Point alternate lane closures.
• Mesa between Cincinnati and Gregory alternate lane closures.
• Mesa between Castellano and Montecillo alternate lane closures.
Pothole Repair Project
Monday, June 22 through Friday, June 26, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Mesa southbound between Remcon and Sunland Park alternate lane closures.