‘Movie Nights at the SAC’ Underway
Thursday nights in June are movie nights at the Student Activities Complex in Far East El Paso. The Socorro Independent School District will be hosting Movie Nights at the SAC through June 21.
The recent blockbusters Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and Justice League, and the family-friendly animated flick Zootopia will be shown on the SAC's video board for the next three Thursday evenings beginning with Jumanji on June 7.
The movies are free to see for all SISD students, faculty, and staff -- but you don’t have to be a student or district employee to attend; Movie Nights at the SAC is open to everyone.
Admission is only $1 for all non-SISD students or staff, but if you want to save a few bucks while helping out your community just donate a canned food item and you can get in free, too.
Campus police is asking for canned food donations as they have families in need all year that visit their community pantry and according to Erika Lucero, Marketing and Sales Manager for SISD, they are more than happy to waive the $1 entry fee to anyone who donates a canned food item to the cause.
Gates for Movie Nights at the SAC open at 6:00pm, with the flick getting underway at approximately 7:15 p.m., weather permitting
2018 Movie Nights at the Sac Lineup
June 7: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
June 14: Zootopia
June 21: Justice League
What to Know if You Plan to Go
• Free to SISD students and employees with school or district I.D (or wear your school shirt)
• $1 to the general public.
• Admission fee waived with canned good donation
• Tickets may be purchased at the gate or in advance online.
• $5 VIP Section available. VIP includes front row seating, 1 hotdog and 1 soft drink.
• VIP and General Public tickets can be purchased HERE.
How to Get There:
The Student Activities Complex is located at 1300 Joe Battle Blvd.
• No Outside Food or Drinks (Concessions, Vendors & ATM will be available)
• No Tobacco/ Alcohol Products
• No Pets allowed
• No Umbrellas
• No Lawn chairs, but folding stadium seats and cushions allowed.