Here’s Why Dallas Cowboys Fans Can Still Celebrate On Super Bowl Weekend
I know that for most people the holy day of obligation of the football season is next weekend but for me, it's the welcome end to the football season. I can't stand football but I do dig me the Super Bowl because of all the hype surrounding the big game, and the food, and the commercials, and the food. I come from a family of Dallas Cowboys fans and I know that El Paso is predominantly a Cowboys town, so this year's Super Bowl, like so many others before, is going to suck because Tony and the 'Boys won't be playing.
Tony Romo is still the quarterback... right?*
I know Super Bowl weekend is sucky for Cowboys fans but here's how you can make it a little less suckier:
1. Make sure you have enough supplies - Don't worry about the teams, just make sure there is enough beer and guacamole at your place.
2. Someone is going to lose but who cares? Your team isn't in the mix so chances are a team you hate is going to lose. It's a win/win for you.
3. All those commercials that make you go to their website to see the rest of the commercial - you'll have time to actually go to see them now because your team isn't playing.
4. You'll sleep like a baby after the game. Since there is no chance of your team winning you won't be up celebrating late and since they can't lose you won't be crying in your beer.
5. You'll smell better. That lucky jersey you've been wearing without washing all season? Go ahead and put in the washing machine. It's not lucky, clearly.
Happy Super Bowl!