Here’s Where To Find The Best Sweet & Savory Empanadas In El Paso
Here's where you can find the best empanadas in El Paso, baked to golden perfection and stuffed with a sweet filling or savory meats.
Happy Empanada Day!
Take your pick from savory meats or sweet filling – these empanadas are not only delicious golden pockets filled with goodness; empanadas also travel exceptionally well.
In honor of empanada day, I’m listing out my favorite empanada hot spots in town.
Whether you love apple-filled, bean and cheese for the vegetarian fans or BBQ for the carnivores out there, you will surely find something for everyone with these compact complete mini-meals.
My Favorite Empanadas In El Paso:
- Find amazing empanadas ranging from savory to sweet at La Empanaderia.
- Standout Empanada: Humita, filled cheese, green bell pepper, sour cream, white corn, and onion.
Gussie's Tamales & Bakery
- Gussie's offers more than just tamales; they also are one of the best places to score apple, pineapple, or sweet potato-filled empanadas.
- Standout Empanada: Apple-filled
Will you be joining us for lunch today?
Lunch special from 11:00 to 3:00 PM.
Call 915.833.6100 to make a reservation
- One of the best-kept secrets of West El Paso is the Argentinian restaurant Garufa. Their amazing menu also happens to include some of the best ground beef empanadas around.
- Standout Empanada: Ground beef empanada
- Hands down, my all-time favorite pumpkin empanadas de trigo (wheat) come from the legendary Bowie Bakery. (2 locations in West and downtown El Paso)
- Standout Empanada: Pumpkin-filled empanada
Corralito's Steak House
HAPPY HOUR TIME!
Ask for the corralito promos!
What about half price appetizers?
* Empanadas *Melted Cheese *Garlic Mushrooms
- If savory is what you're looking for, Corralito's Steak House offers finger-licking veggie and meat-filled empanadas. (4 locations, Mesa, Doniphan, Airway and Zaragoza)
- Standout Empanada: Shredded beef empanadas
Whatever your empanada preference, these local eateries got you covered - so if your mouth is watering already, head out and support local while celebrating National Empanada Day today!
LOOK: Here are copycat recipes from 20 of the most popular fast food restaurants in America