Friendly Summer Heat Reminders
El Paso summers can be brutal - here are a few reminders and tips on how to stay cool during this triple-digit heat.
El Paso has been nicknamed the Sun City for a reason. Summers in El Paso can be harsh causing some serious heat exhaustion, therefore, we are offering a few reminders to help you get through the season.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water – avoid sugary drinks such as sodas, coffee or fruit drinks
- Use sunscreen every day – sun exposure can cause skin anomalies so make sure you wear sunblock thoroughly on your face, arms, legs, and hands
- Carry wipes and an extra deodorant for a midday refresher
- Take air-conditioning breaks if you possible when working outdoors
- Consider wearing long loose-fitting clothing which allows for more air flow
- Check on older relatives, neighbors, friends, and their pets to make sure they are staying cool
- Never ever leave a child, elder or pet in a vehicle – EVER
We may not be able to escape the sun but we can certainly work around it and adjust accordingly to avoid heat stroke and exhaustion.
For more summer tips click HERE.