El Paso Spray Parks Reopen – Where to Find Them + What You Need to Know
Woo-hoo, relief from the heat is here. And just in time for El Paso’s spring and summer heat, too.
Restrictions on the use of various city facilities that were previously imposed to slow the spread of the coronavirus have been relaxed and the move forward means the city has reopened some pools and all its splash parks.
Since they first opened four years ago, city spray parks have quickly become a destination place for family picnics and daily outings. In addition to numerous water features, they all have shaded areas and picnic tables -- and best of all, they're all free to use and open to the public.
So, pack up some snacks, sunscreen and a few towels, have the kids throw on their swimsuits and swim diapers, and get to splashing.
Spray Parks and Splash Pads Hours & Days of Operation
Here is what is different and what you need to know about their reopening:
• Open daily
• The water-splashing fun is broken up into two segments: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
• There is an extended break between segments for disinfecting and trash cleanup.
City of El Paso Spray Parks
• South El Paso/Downtown: Chamizal Community Park, 2119 Cypress Avenue
• West:Westside Community Park, 7400 High Ridge Dr.
• Upper Valley: Braden Aboud Memorial Park, 4325 River Bend Dr.
• Central: Grandview Park, 3100 Jefferson Ave
• Lower Valley: Hidden Valley Park, 200 Coconut Tree Dr.
• Lower Valley: Pavo Real Enhanced Park, 9301 Alameda Ave
• Northeast: Sue Young Park, 9730 Diana Dr.
• East: Marty Robbins Park, 11600 Vista Del Sol Dr.
• Far East: Salvador Rivas Jr. Park, 12480 Pebble Hills Dr.
San Jacinto Plaza & El Paso Zoo Splash Pad
The splash pads at both the historic downtown park and the zoo also offer a respite from the heat, but on a smaller, less tricked out level. No water buckets and fountains at either, just cooling water jets shooting randomly out of the ground. The San Jacinto pad follows the same operating procedures as the city-run splash parks, while operating hours for the pad at the zoo matches zoo days and hours.