Here’s a life lesson you can learn from Krispy Kreme: People would be much more into your birthday if you gave away doughnuts.(Mmmm, doughnuts). The doughnut chain turns 83 on Friday, July 17, and will celebrate by giving anyone who drops by one its stores a free dozen Original Glazed donuts.

Okay, they’re not free free; you have to buy a dozen to get the free dozen, but if you were already going to buy a dozen why not double your pleasure. Besides, there's no such thing as too many donuts, amirite?

And if 24 is more than you can handle, you could always drop off one of the boxes at, oh, I don’t know, 4180 N. Mesa. Between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. (hint, hint).

Whether you love doughnuts or hate your waistline, this Friday is your day. The offer is good July 17 only, in-store and drive-thru. There are 3 Krispy Kreme locations in El Paso: 9040 B Dyer, 7640 N. Mesa, and the one at the Las Palmas Marketplace.

Getty Images
Getty Images

Wait, you’re still reading this? Wow. I would've bailed a paragraph ago. Well, if you’ve come this far then let me educate you with a few doughnut stats to go with your beverage of choice.

• 1% of Americans surveyed hate doughnuts. (?!) They probably hate puppies and babies, too.
• 34% say they would never eat just half of a doughnut The other 66% are liars!
• Our three favorite types are glazed, Boston cream, and chocolate frosted
• Most prefer the shorter spelling, d-o-n-u-t. Because 3 more letters be hard.

93.1 KISS FM logo
Get our free mobile app

MORE: 30 toys every '90s kid wanted

More From 93.1 KISS FM