Here’s a life lesson you can learn from Krispy Kreme: People would be much more into your birthday if you gave them a present.

The doughnut chain is celebrating 84 summers on this planet Friday, July 16, by practically giving away a dozen Original Glazed donuts to anyone with an extra buck in their bank account. That's a lot of dough for not a lot of dough (Hi-Yo!).

You have to buy a dozen to get the $1 BirthYay dozen, but if you were already going to buy a dozen why not become the office hero and drop off the extra box in the break room and then let everyone know that you da man. Or you can always deliver one of the boxes to, oh, I don’t know, 4180 N. Mesa. Between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. (hint, hint).

Whether you love doughnuts or hate your waistline, this Friday is your day. The offer is good July 16 only, in-store and online. There are 3 Krispy Kreme locations in El Paso: 9040 B Dyer, 7640 N. Mesa, and the one at the Las Palmas Marketplace.

Krispy Kreme
Krispy Kreme

Wait, you’re still reading this? Wow. I would've bailed a paragraph ago. Well, I have a word count I have to fulfill, so if you’ve come this far then let me educate you with a few doughnut fun facts to go with your fried, sugary treat and beverage of choice.

• 1% of Americans surveyed hate doughnuts. They probably hate puppies and babies, too.
• 34% say they would never eat just half of a doughnut; the other 66% are liars!
• America's three favorite types are glazed, Boston cream, and chocolate frosted. My fav is "free"
• Most prefer the shorter spelling, d-o-n-u-t. Because 3 more letters be hard.

KEEP LOOKING: See what 50 company logos looked like then and now

More From 93.1 KISS FM