City of El Paso Parks & Rec Halloween Carnivals Making Frightfully Fun Return
Get your little one's costume ready because the City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department will be hosting city-wide Halloween carnivals again this year.
Last year, because there was something lurking about that was even scarier than witches and goblins, the city scrapped all in-person events. But with the community in a much better place this year the treats are back.
City-wide Halloween Carnivals - What to Know
The free, family friendly events will be taking place at 9 recreation and community centers across the city from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021.
Halloween festivities will include various kid games and activities, jumping balloons, and, of course, lots of treats.
Below are the recreation and community centers hosting the in-person Halloween Carnivals.
• Chamizal Community Center, 2101 Cypress Ave
• Galatzan Recreation Center, 650 Wallenberg
• Gary del Palacio Recreation Center, 3001 Parkwood
• Marty Robbins Recreation Center, 11600 Vista Del Sol Dr.
• Officer David Ortiz Recreation Center, 563 N. Carolina Dr.
• The Beast Urban Park, 13501 Jason Crandall
• Sylvia A. Carreon Community Center, 709 Lomita Dr.
• Valle Bajo Community Center, 7480 Alameda Ave.
• Veterans Recreation Center, 5301 Salem St.
In the meantime, El Paso Parks and Recreation is asking the community for candy handouts of their own. The candy collected will be given out at the Halloween day events. Store bought candy bag donations should be dropped off at any recreation center.