City Hosting Meeting Unveiling Preconstruction Schedule for Westside Pool
The City of El Paso is planning on scheduling a community meeting to provide the public with the opportunity to learn about the upcoming construction schedule of the new Westside Pool.
The meeting will not only reveal the new pool construction schedule but also the plans for the continuity of operations of the Leo Cancellare Pool during construction.
The project which will be constructed at 650 Wallenberg Drive by Arrow Building Corp. The new Olympic-size pool will be housed inside a 35,980-square foot facility and will include the following amenities:
One (1) movable pool bulkhead (a movable race starting platform, allowing for a 50-meter pool to be converted to a 25-meter pool for youth competitions)
- Eight (8) long lanes (50 meter)
- 24 short lanes (25 meter)
- Seating for approximately 780 spectators
- Additional occupancy for up to 224 competitors through the use of moveable bleachers
- A total of 250 parking spaces
- Water efficiency plumbing
- Pool will be designed to meet USA Swimming standards and requirements
The community meeting will take place on Wednesday, August 31, at 5:30 p.m. at the Galatzan Recreational Center at 650 Wallenberg Drive.