El Paso’s Veterans Day Guide: What’s Closed, What’s Open
This weekend marks a double celebration in the Borderland as we honor our veterans on Veterans Day, falling on Saturday, Nov. 11.
Today, November 10th, also happens to be the 248th birthday of the Marine Corps—Semper Fi, Marines!
In the spirit of paying tribute to our heroes, several services and offices in El Paso County will be closed on Friday, Nov. 10.
What's Closed on Nov. 10 in El Paso County?
Closed for the Day:
- City Museums (Archaeology, Art, and History)
- El Paso Public Libraries
- Recreation and Senior Centers, Aquatics Facilities, and Sports Fields
- Municipal Court/Bond Offices
- One-Stop Shop
- Tax Office
- City Community Clinics
- HIV Prevention Center
- Rawlings Dental Clinic
- WIC Offices
Open for Business:
- Garbage and Recycling Collection Services (regular hours)
- Greater El Paso Landfill (regular hours)
- Citizen Collection Stations (regular hours, closed on Veterans Day, Nov. 11)
- Animal Services Center (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Tails at the Times Adoption Center (12 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Mission Valley Adoption Center (12 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
- El Paso Zoo and Botanical Garden (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Sun Metro (regular schedule on all routes, BRIO, and LIFT services)
The Socorro Independent School District joins in the festivities by closing its doors on Friday, Nov. 10. Classes will resume, and offices will reopen on Monday, Nov. 13.
So, El Paso, gear up for a weekend of celebration, remembrance, and gratitude as we salute our veterans and toast to the Marine Corps on its 248th birthday! Oorah!