City and County Government among 4th of July Closures in El Paso
City and County administrative offices will be closed Thursday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day. All will resume regular business hours on Friday, July 5. The following are also closed on Thursday:
● El Paso County Courthouse and its related county offices
● City Hall and all city administrative offices
● One Stop Shop
● Municipal Court and Bond Offices
● Public Libraries
● Museum of Art
● Museum of Archaeology
● Museum of History and Digital Wall
● Rawlings Dental Clinic, WIC Clinics
● Citizen Collection Centers
Parks and Recreation
● All Senior Centers and Daycare Operations
● All Recreation and Sports Centers
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE OPEN:
● El Paso Zoo
● City spray parks, pools, and Aquatic Centers
● Animal Services Shelter 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
● The Greater El Paso Landfill
City spray parks will operate as normal. The following pools and Aquatic Centers will be open as follows:
● Armijo - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
● Hawkins - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
● Marty Robins - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
● Memorial - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
● Pat O’Rourke - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
● Veterans - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.o
● Westside Natatorium – 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
● William Cowan - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
● Grandview - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
● Nations Tobin - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
● Pavo Real - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Trash collection will remain on regular schedule. If Thursday is your trash day, put your bins out.
Some of Sun Metro’s fixed routes will run on a Sunday schedule, others will not run at all. Check routes HERE.
The El Paso Streetcar will operate from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
● The University of Texas at El Paso
● El Paso Community College
● Southwest University
State and Federal
All state and federal offices/buildings will be closed.
Banks and Postal Service
Banks and other financial institutions along with the United States Post Office will be closed. There will not be any mail delivery on Thursday, and any banking will have to be conducted online or at an ATM.
Retail and Restaurants
If you’re planning on shopping or dining out, most stores, restaurants, shopping centers, and malls will remain open. However, some may be operating on holiday schedule with limited or reduced hours of operation while others -- such as locally owned small businesses -- may be closed. Call to confirm before heading out.