Cinemark Movie Theaters in El Paso to Reopen in July
All four Cinemark Theatre locations in El Paso will reopen their doors during the month of July.
The theatre chain’s phased reopening of our local movie houses begins July 3 with the reopening of Cinemark Tinseltown in the Las Palmas Shopping Center and Cinemark West on Remcon, according to the company website. The anticipated reopening dates for the Cielo Vista Mall location and Cinemark East Montana is July 10.
Comeback Classics and Reduced Pricing
Because many films originally scheduled for summer release have been pushed back to late summer, fall or even next year, Cinemark’s initial plan is to showcase “some of Hollywood’s most loved films,” which they’ve dubbed Comeback Classics. That includes fan-favorites such as The Matrix, Ghostbusters, Mean Girls and Back to the Future.
They’ll mix those in with new releases as Hollywood rolls them out, beginning with Unhinged, starring Russell Crowe, on July 10 and Mulan on July 24.
The classics will be screened at a reduced price of $5 per adult and $3 for children and seniors. The price of some things at the snack bar like popcorn, candy and fountain drinks will also be “greatly reduced.”
Like everything else that has opened back up since its pandemic shutdown, it won’t be business as usual. Safety measures for moviegoers and employees will be in place “to ensure confidence and peace of mind,” the company said in a news release. You can do a deep dive of their safety protocols HERE, but these are the Cliff Notes:
• All theatres will reopen with reduced operating hours and staggered showtimes to maximize distancing.
• Auditoriums will have limited capacities as not all seats will be available.
• The wearing of face masks by moviegoers will default to local policies.
• All public and high-touch spaces will be sanitized every 30 minutes.
• Each auditorium will be disinfected every morning, and sanitized between show times.
• To help reduce potential contact, cash payments will not be accepted at the concession stand and the purchasing of tickets online is highly encouraged.