Cesar Chavez Day 2023: What’s Open and Closed in El Paso
Cesar Chavez Day, observed every year on March 31, celebrates the birth and legacy of the migrant farm worker activist who co-founded the United Farm Workers.
It is what is known as a "U.S. federal commemorative holiday," which means it's not a federal holiday, per se, so there is no requirement that government or business close on this day.
Because the state of Texas only recognizes the day as an optional state holiday, it will be mostly business as usual in El Paso.
El Paso County Government
The El Paso County Courthouse and all county offices will be closed.
El Paso-Area School Districts
The Clint and Fabens Independent School District will not hold classes. San Elizario will have early release.
Colleges & Universities
• EPCC, no classes
• UTEP, no classes
City of El Paso
• Municipal Court/Bond Offices
• Human Resources Offices
• One-Stop Shop
• Tax Office
• Purchasing Department
• Economic Development Department
• Community and Human Development Department
• Community Care Center and Immunization Clinics
• Rawlings Dental Clinic
• WIC Offices and Medicaid Waver Program
• El Paso Public Libraries
• City COVID-19 Vaccination sites
• Museum of Archaeology, Museum of Art, and Museum of History
• All recreation centers, senior centers, aquatics facilities and spots fields
• Garbage and Recycling Collection Services (regular hours)
• Greater El Paso Landfill (regular hours)
• Citizen Collection Stations (regular hours)
• Animal Services: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Sun Metro (all routes, BRIO and LIFT services)
• El Paso Zoo: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• El Paso International Airport
Federal and State Government + Banks and Postal Service
Open. Service will not be affected