Celebrating National Parks and Recreation Month Virtually In El Paso
This year due to the ongoing COVIFD 19 pandemic, the Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a variety of virtual activities for El Paso families.
This July, the El Paso community is invited to celebrate Parks and Recreation Month by safely visiting City parks and participating in various activities virtually via its social media sites.
The month-long interactive activities encourage self-care, physical activity along with outdoor safety education for all ages.
The celebration kicked-off with a virtual Fourth of July concert on July 4, featuring the local R&B, Funk and Blues band, Dream Merchant Band.
Virtual July Activities
- Mondays and Wednesdays at 7 a.m. - Getting creative while working out from home
Memorial Park Walk
- July 11 at 2 p.m. – Walk the park and learn about its history, nature elements
Rec and Read Day
- July 23 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Parks and Rec Centers across El Paso for free meal distribution, books and much more
Water Fun & Safety
- Tune in every Monday in July at 9 a.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 a.m. – Enjoy games, music and exercise virtually
- July 17 at 9 a.m. – Tune in for hacks and tips on camping from home
- July 31 at 9 a.m. – Learn how to create animal tracks and identify signs of local wildlife
For more details on Parks and Recreation Month visit elpasotexas.gov/parks-and-recreation.