8 El Paso Library Branches Resume Curbside Service – Here’s What You Need to Know
Beginning Monday, February 1, El Pasoans who would rather not read a book virtually can pick up reserved materials in person.
After hitting pause on a handful of library services in November due to a rise in positive COVID-19 cases and increased hospitalizations in El Paso County, things have calmed down enough for the city to restart things again.
Contactless curbside pickup will be offered at eight library branch locations. Five of those locations via the library bookmobile. No one will be allowed inside any of the branches or the bookmobile, so all materials will have to be reserved in advance either online or by calling the specific location you plan to pickup from.
Here’s what you need to know about the El Paso Public Library’s curbside pickup service:
Branches Offering Curbside Service
The library branches listed below will be the only ones open for curbside services and only on certain days of the week. No one will be allowed inside the libraries. Curbside pickup is the only service that will be offered initially. No other library activities will be provided.
• Richard Burges, 9600 Dyer St., (915) 212-0317: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Mondays and Thursdays
• Irving Schwartz, 1965 Dean Martin, (915) 212-0315: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursdays
• Dorris Van Doren, 551 Redd Rd., (915) 212-0440: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesdays and Fridays
Bookmobile Curbside Service
Below are the branches offering curbside service via the bookmobile. This service will also be contactless and no one will be allowed inside the bookmobile. Materials must be reserved ahead of time by calling the Bookmobile at 915.212.0600 or online at www.elpasolibrary.org.
• Memorial Park Library, 3200 Copper: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesdays
• Clardy Fox, 5515 Robert Alva Ave: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesdays
• Sergio Troncoso Library, 9321 Alameda: 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursdays
• Armijo, 620 E. 7th: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Fridays
• Judge Marquez, 610 N. Yarbrough: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturdays
The process for checking out/picking up materials
• Reserve material using the online catalog or by calling the location.
• Wait for notification by either phone, email or text.
• Call library to schedule a pickup day and time.
• Upon arrival, call the service location.
• Show photo ID without opening your vehicle’s window.
• Open the back seat door or trunk of your car
• Library staff will place bagged library materials inside vehicle.
Returning Borrowed Items
Materials can be returned on Fridays only from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Main, Richard Burges, Esperanza Moreno, and Dorris Van Dorn libraries, as well as the Bookmobile’s Friday stop at the Armijo Library.