5 Movies To Help Fight Off The Thanksgiving Food Coma
It's the same thing year after year. You cook for days before Thanksgiving, then everyone comes over, stuffs their faces and the next thing you know, you need something to do. You can't talk politics or COVID this year, so after the turkey has been eaten, the Cowboys have hopefully won their game, and the familia is trying to fight off their food coma, bring out the pumpkin pie and hang out on the couch with these family-friendly movies:
1. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - This is an amazing movie with the hilarious Steve Martin and the late, great John Candy. You will laugh your head off and cry your eyes out at the end. It's a super sweet movie.
2. Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving - Of course, you're going to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, but this is a must see for the little ones in your house.
3. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - See, here it is. The classic Peanuts gang celebrating Thanksgiving, and then telling us how tough it was for the pilgrims to get to the New World.
4. Miracle on 34th Street - I know this movie is mostly about Christmas, but the beginning of the movie centers on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, so it works for Turkey Day.
5. Addams Family Values - The Thanksgiving play scene in this movie is the best part of this fabulous movie. Bonus? The heat between Gomez and Morticia Addams is enough to cook anyone's turkey.