YISD Updates Summer Food Service Program Locations
The Ysleta Independent School District has updated its list of Grab & Go meal service distribution sites and days of the week meals can be pick up.
The district announced it will continue its summer food service program at 5 less locations due to campus construction or because of declining participation. From now to June 25, families can pick up Grab & Go meals at 13 distribution sites listed below. If a campus is no longer on the list, families can participate in the Grab & Go program at one of the nearby sites.
Breakfast and lunch for children ages 1 to 18 will be handed out Monday through Thursdays from 7:30 to 11 a.m. On Thursdays, children will receive meals for Thursday and an extra breakfast and lunch meal for Friday.
The same meal pick-up procedures currently in place will be used throughout the month. Children do not need to be inside the vehicle to receive a meal, but parents or driver must either display a “Windshield Card” or provide documentation to pick up school meals.
If you were not previously issued a “Windshield Card,” you will need to show one of the following items for children who are not present:
• Student ID card(s)
• Individual student report card(s)
• Birth certificate for child(ren) not in school
• Official letter/email/electronic school application from school that lists child(ren) enrolled;
• Attendance record from YISD Home Access Center, printed or electronic, that includes names of child(ren)
The updated list of school campuses participating found below is as of 6/8/2020 and supersedes all previous announcements:
• Constance Hubert Elementary, 7755 Franklin Drive
• Desertaire Elementary, 6301 Tiger Eye Drive
• Hacienda Heights International School, 7530 Acapulco Ave.
• R.E.L. Washington Elementary, 3505 Lee Treviño Drive
• Bel Air Middle, 7909 Ranchland Drive
• Del Valle Middle, 8674 N Loop
• Eastwood Middle, 2612 Chaswood St.
• Del Valle High, 950 Bordeaux Drive
• Eastwood High, 2430 McRae Blvd.
• Hanks High, 2001 Lee Treviño Drive
• Parkland High, 5932 Quail Ave.
• Riverside High, 301 Midway Drive
• Ysleta High, 8600 Alameda Ave.
Although the Summer Food Service Program ends June 25, YISD plans to continue offering meal service into July.