UTEP Offering Courses for Older Adults This Spring
UTEP is offering springs courses for older adults in a variety of courses including arts and crafts, literature, music and more.
Courses include arts and crafts, history, languages, literature, music and physical activities and are open to adults ages 50 and older with classes beginning on Feb. 8.
Enrollment fee is $70 for as many courses as desired during the 12-week term. A parking permit is included. New members also pay a processing fee of $25. A $25 late fee applies when enrolling after Jan. 29.
By Phone: Call (915) 747-6280 or (915) 747-8848 between 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In Person: Visit Miners Hall, Suite 209, between 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Park for free in the Sun Bowl Parking Garage visitors area. Bring parking ticket to office for validation.
By Mail: Write to OLLI at UTEP, Miners Hall Suite 209, 500 W. University Ave., El Paso, TX 79968.
Complete courses and details are available here.
- Art Appreciation: 19th and 20th century art, theater, Spanish/Flamenco dance
- Body, Mind, Spirit: Tai chi, yoga, meditation, pranic healing
- Classes in Spanish: Herbal medicine, alternative medicine, anatomy
- Hands-on Art: Drawing, oil painting, collage, repujado, photography
- History: Development of intelligence agencies, El Paso-Juárez history, Comanche Indians
- Languages: Spanish, Italian, English
- Literature: Shakespeare's Hamlet, mystery stories
- Music: American classical, American Songbook, Russian composers, choir, band, musical instruments
- Science: Controversies in science, desert landscape