Heads Up Southwest University Park Converting To Cashless Venue
Leave the cash at home; Southwest University Park has upgraded its tech and will be transitioning into a cashless facility this year.
As the El Paso Chihuahuas and El Paso Locomotive FC welcome fans back to Southwest University Park this year, fans will notice that the venue has converted into a cashless venue, increasing service speed and eliminating cash handling.
Beginning this season, Southwest University Park will only accept the following modes of payment:
- Major credit and debit cards
- Tickets preloaded with cash at both the Durango and Santa Fe Box Offices, all food and beverage locations, and the Chihuahuas and Locomotive Team Shops.
- Apple Pay and Google Pay
- The 50/50 Jackpot will also be accepting debit cards instead of cash.
- Season Seat and Ticket Members for the Chihuahuas and Locomotive will receive digital tickets instead of ticket books, making it easier to exchange or transfer tickets via their MyTixx.com account.
- All tickets purchased at the box offices will be delivered digitally, including tickets purchased one hour before the start of any event at the ballpark.
- Mobile ordering for general seating and in-seat ordering for Club seat members and Suites will be made available.
Mobile ordering will be available at each concession stand via QR codes and website links. In addition, the ballpark concourse will also feature new self-service kiosks to expedite, accommodate and expedite food and beverage service.
The new cashless system puts Southwest University Park “amongst the most modern ballpark and entertainment venues in the country,” providing speedier service while improving the overall guest experience.
KEEP READING: Here are 50 of the most famous sports goofs