Nichols Ranch In NM Hosting 4-Day Pumpkin Patch
This weekend, take the whole family on a day trip for some outdoor fun and pumpkin picking at the Nichols Ranch Pumpkin Patch beginning Friday, October 16, 2020.
Get into the spirit of Halloween this weekend at Nichols Ranch Pumpkin Patch featuring a pumpkin farm, Runyan Ranches Petting Zoo, and food trucks. The 4-day Pumpkin Patch will also sell all sorts of treats including hot apple cider, candied and caramel apples and pies, fresh apple and cherry cider, local honey, and jams.
While Halloween might be different this year, taking a road trip to pick out the perfect pumpkin at an actual patch is the perfect way to get some fresh air and welcome the fall.
Before you head out to the pumpkin patch, check out this easy guide on how to pick the perfect pumpkin:
- Color: Look for a completely orange pumpkin
- Size: Medium for carving; small for cooking; large for décor
- Stem: It’s not a handle; stem will break
- Ripeness: Press thumb to the bottom of the pumpkin and check that the shell is hard and doesn’t dent or scratch easily; avoid pumpkins with soft spots, cracks, or splits
- Bugs: Look for bugs or small holes that could mean insect problems
The Nichols Ranch and Orchards in Otero County has been around since 1882 and continues to be a family operated farm and ranch located in La Luz, NM.
- 236 Cottonwood Canyon Rd., La Luz, NM 88337 / (575) 430-7953
- Friday, October 16 – October 19, 2020
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All pumpkin purchases receive a bag of treats
- Social distancing protocols will be in place for everyone’s safety