National New Mexico Day: You Know You’re from New Mexico If…
A shout-out to our neighboring state to the west.
June 14 is National New Mexico Day. According to NationalToday.com, “This day is observed to pay tribute to the state of New Mexico and its people.”
The Land of Enchantment is truly a one-of-a-kind place.
From the world's largest gypsum dune field to being extraterrestrials' preferred place to hang in, our 47th state is as unique as its people. Hey, any state whose official aroma is the smell of chiles roasting is A-Okay in my book.
So, raise a glass to Nuevo México and enjoy the following humorous list I found on the internet many, many years ago when New Mexico was sparsely populated and more desert than anything else. Oh, wait, it's still like that.
You Know You're from New Mexico If...
• You either have been or know someone who has been abducted by aliens.
• You just got your fifth DUI.
• And your third pit bull.
• Most restaurants you go to begin with ‘El’ or ‘Los’.
• You know what it means when the waitress asks, “Red or green?”
• Tumbleweeds and cacti in your lawn are not weeds, they are your lawn.
• When someone talks about “Las Vegas” you think of the small town in the northeastern part of the state and not the big city in Nevada.
And finally, you know you're from New Mexico if ...
• You get all these references and plan to pass this on to other New Mexicans.