Marcus Banwell of Bristol, England found out the hard way how hot a chili pepper can be after he shoplifted a handful from a local grocery store. And he might’ve gotten away with it, too, if he hadn’t tried to eat one right then and there.

No sooner had Marcus taken a bite out of one of the pilfered peppers than he immediately doubled over and started throwing up. What he didn’t realize is that he’d pinched a Scotch Bonnet pepper, one of the hottest peppers in the world.

The storeowner saw him puking his guts out, realized what had happened, called the police, and Marcus was arrested for shoplifting. When the cops searched him they also found a clarinet he’d stolen from a music store earlier in the day.

Oh, and he had some crack and heroin on him too.

More From 93.1 KISS FM