How El Paso’s Celebrating Veteran’s Day: Events & Closures
November 11th is Veteran's Day, the perfect time to honor those who risked EVERYTHING for us in the United States. If you're looking to see what will be going on to honor our veterans, here's what will be going on in El Paso.
Veteran's Day is always a day of special events happening, a ton of deals, & places closing to honor the holiday so here's what you need to know about what will be going on for Veteran's Day:
The City of El Paso posted what will be open & closed for Veteran's Day & they include:
- Garbage and recycling collection services will operate regular hours
- Greater El Paso Landfill will operate regular hours
- All Citizen Collections Stations will operate regular hours
- Animal Services Shelter will open from 11am to 2pm.
- El Paso Zoo will be open from 9:30 am to 3pm.
- Sun Metro will operate Regular Hours
All of these places will be closed:
- City Museums and Public Libraries
- Recreation Centers, Senior Centers, Aquatics Facilities, and Sports Fields
- Municipal Court
- Tax Office
- One Stop Shop
- WIC Centers
- The El Paso Public Library
- El Paso Museums: History, Archeology & Art will be closed
- The Socorro Independent School District will be closed. Classes and offices will resume November 12.
- El Paso Community College will not have classes or services on November 11. Online registration will remain available for the Spring 2022 semester. Classes will resume November 12
The NM Museum of Space History however WILL be open. Any veterans, active duty & National Guard personal along with their family can attend the museum for free.
- Loretto Academy Elementary School Veterans Day Mass on November 11 at 8:30 am in the Loretto Chapel. The school will also have a wall of honor, featuring the school’s veteran families.
- The El Paso Zoo’s veteran sea lion, “Little Bit”, will give a special salute to veterans on November 11 at noon.
- The Northeast Veterans Parade located at Stahala Dr and Hondo Pass Dr will start at 10am
- The “Flags Across America” Annual Northeast El Paso Veteran’s Day Parade & Ceremony starts at 10 am on the corner of Stahala Dr & Hondo Pass Dr. It will continue through Diana Dr to the Old Glory Memorial Flag Site at 9550 Gateway N Blvd. The ceremony will commence following the parade at 11 am at 9550 Gateway N Blvd.
You can find even more events going on & places that will be closed HERE.
And of course there are MANY places offering deals on food, drinks & meals that you can find right HERE.
It will be a day of remembering so to those brave men & women who risked their lives, we say Thank You...