First Positive COVID-19 Case in Doña Ana County
Our friends in New Mexico continue to receive updates on how the state is handling the prevention of the spread of coronavirus COVID-19. As of the publication of this article, 43 cases have been confirmed.
The closest to our hometown of El Paso, Texas is Doña Ana County and they have now confirmed their first case of COVID-19. We know Las Cruces, New Mexico and El Paso, Texas go hand-in-hand so we need to be aware of what is going on in each state.
So far New Mexico State Health Officials have reported those who tested positive for COVID-19 as:
- A female in Bernalillo County in her teens
- Two males in Bernalillo County in their 40s
- A male in Doña Ana County in his 20s
- A male in McKinley County in his 30s
- A female in Sandoval County in her teens
- A male in Sandoval County in his 80s
- A female in Taos County in her 70s
According to New Mexico Officials, "New Mexicans who report symptoms of COVID-19 infection, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, should call their health care provider or the NMDOH COVID-19 hotline immediately (1-855-600-3453)."