Enjoy An Enchanting Nighttime Kayak Under The Stars At Caballo Lake
Experience a nighttime kayak trip unlike any other in this fun and enchanting nighttime kayak under the stars at Caballo Lake State Park.
As the sun sets and the new moon rises, take a moment to enjoy the sights and sounds as you kayak under the stars at Caballo Lake.
Southwest Expeditions is currently offering a one-of-a-kind celestial kayaking excursion that will bring you closer to Mother Nature.
Paddle around Caballo Lake, under the stars, while your guide enchants you with Native American and Greek storytelling interpretations of the night sky, using a powerful laser pointer to pierce the dark moonless night sky.
- Participants will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Historic Doña Ana Courthouse parking lot located at 251 West Amador in Las Cruces, NM. to shuttle up to Caballo Lake State Park. (The drive time to the lake is approx. 40 minutes)
- A professional tour guide will provide life jackets, kayaks, and paddles
- Single-person kayaks, tandem -2 person kayaks, and 2-person canoe and 2 standup paddleboards available
- As the sun sets, red & green glow sticks will be provided to fasten navigational lights on the kayak, including a blue glow stick to keep on your person.
- The group will then paddle out onto the lake along with a guide and then paddle-lock together to float together.
- After the star program, everyone will paddle back together to the base camp onshore to indulge in "Vino & Cibo", (Wine & Hors D'oeuvres) and a cozy beach fire pit before heading back to Las Cruces.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes and expect to get wet. Take a towel and a change of clothing and shoes for the trip back home.
- Restroom access available
- Admission: Tickets range from $87 pp to $174 per couple
- To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE
If this enchanting evening kayak is calling your name, make sure you reserve your spot today, because space is limited.
Celestial Sky & Water Kayak at Caballo Lake State Park
- Saturday – August 7, 2021
- Time: 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Distance From El Paso: 45 minutes to Las Cruces and another 40-minute drive to Caballo Lake State Park
- For more information call 877-808-6877