ELP Food Bank Relocates Westside Location As Sunland Park Mall Reopens
To continue to ensure that everyone who is food insecure has access to food, El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank has updated its Westside drive-thru pantry location now that Sunland Park Mall is preparing to reopen on Friday.
The location change comes as the City of El Paso is lifting the stay-home order as of Friday, May 1, 2020, in compliance with Governor Greg Abbott’s plan to reopen the state of Texas.
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank In collaboration with Kelley Center has relocated its Sunland Park Mall pantry drive-thru distribution site in West El Paso to Bill Childress Elementary School located at 7700 Cap Carter Road in Vinton, TX.
Beginning on Friday, May 1, residents in West El Paso, who are seeking food assistance, can go to Bill Childress Elementary School and pick up an emergency food box with distribution on Mondays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The drive-thru distribution model began in mid-March and since then El Pasoans Fighting Hunger has given out more than 90,000 emergency food boxes to over 28,000 families and individuals at 5 major distribution sites and several mobile sites per week.
The current mega pantry drive-thru distribution locations are:
- East: El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank - 9541 Plaza Circle - Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- West - Vinton, TX: Bill Childress Elementary School - 7700 Cap Carter Road - Monday and Friday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- West: Abundant Living Faith Center West - 7100 N. Desert Blvd. - Tues., Wed, Thursday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Central: Kelly Center for Hunger Relief - 915 N. Florence - Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Northeast: Katie's Pantry - 4801 Sun Valley - Monday through - Friday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger’s internal food bank crisis team is partnering with Feeding America, the network of 200 food banks, and local partners to ensure the safest handling of food and distributions to our communities. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, El Pasoans Fighting Hunger is committed to serving communities and individuals facing hunger across El Paso, including Culberson and Hudspeth Counties.