El Paso Property Tax Deadline Coming Up – Pay Before January 31 To Avoid Penalties
Are you still in the fuzzy, feel-good mood of the holidays? Well, snap out of it.
It's property tax time.
The deadline to pay your 2016 property taxes is Tuesday, January 31, 2017. There are a number of ways to pay your property taxes:
BEFORE JANUARY 31
1. Online at www.elpasotexas.gov/tax-office/pay-your-taxes or by phone at 915/212-0106.
2. With a credit card that will include a 1.98% convenience fee.
3. With an e-check.
4. Mail in your check to the Tax Assessor/Collector, P.O. Box 660271, Dallas, TX 75266-0271.
5. Deliver your payment in person to the City Tax Office, 221 N. Kansas, Ste. 300, in the Wells Fargo Building, 3rd floor. They are open Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Open Friday, January 20, and Friday, January 27, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
6. County Tax Office locations
7. El Paso Wells Fargo locations (no drive through).
8. Mobile Bank at the Central Appraisal Office at 5801 Trowbridge, open January 27, January 30, and January 31, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You must have your tax bill with you. You can pay in cash, checks, or money order.
If you need to print out your property tax bill, you can go to the Tax Office website and select 'Pay Your Taxes.'
IF YOU PAY AFTER JANUARY 31:
You can mail your payment in to the City of El Paso Tax Office, P.O. Box 2992, El Paso, TX 79999-2992.
There are many more details about paying your property taxes at the City's website.