El Paso Municipal Court Cancels Hearings Due To Coronavirus
The coronavirus outbreak is going to be the overriding news that you will be hearing about for at least the next month, and more than likely it will be dominating the news for many months after that. KISS FM is working to make sure you have all the information you need to keep up on what is being affected by the coronavirus outbreak in El Paso.
The El Paso Municipal Court at 810 E. Overland announced that it will be cancelling and automatically resetting hearings that are scheduled through Friday, April 3. If you have a hearing coming up at Muni Court, you will be getting a notice in the mail for the rescheduled hearing. If you have any questions about your hearing, you can always call your lawyer for clarification.
If you have travelled internationally, and that includes Juarez, you are asked to not come to the court. If you have come into contact with a person with COVID-19 or if you believe you have come into contact with someone who might have COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms similar to COVID-19, or have flu-like symptoms or a fever, you are asked to not go to Municipal Court. You can call or email the court to reschedule your hearing.
If attorneys know that their clients, witnesses, or others have such a condition, they are asked to alert the court immediately.
Please read the following information about Municipal Court. These new rules will be in effect at the Court through Friday, April 3:
Cancellations and suspensions:
· No Jury Trials scheduled for March 26 and 27. Jurors do not appear and are excused.
· All Municipal Court activities to include Juvenile Case Management Classes, Youth Delinquency Prevention Classes, and Teen Court will be suspended in March and April.
Hearings that will be in session:
· Northeast Hearings at 9600 Dyer remain in session. You are encouraged to use the video arraignment option at 10780-A Pebble Hills, 4801 Osborne or 9011 Escobar to speak with the judge.
· Parking Adjudication Hearings at 810 E. Overland are remain in session. Scheduled individuals are expected to appear.
You can stay up to date with the El Paso Municipal Court via these methods:
· By phone – (915) 212-0215
· Online chat & website: http://www.elpasotexas.gov/municipal-courts
If you need to pay a fee or fine, you can use these options:
· Pay Online: www.citepayusa.com
· Pay by Phone: (915) 212-0232
· Email: email@example.com