4th of July Fireworks are ‘Back with a Bang’ at Ascarate Park
The Fourth of July is “Back with a Bang” at Ascarate Park.
After last year’s forced Covid-related hiatus, fireworks will once again thunder and boom over Ascarate Lake on our nation’s Independence Day. El Paso County is celebrating the holiday with food trucks, swimming and live music, according to El Paso County Parks and Recreation officials.
Festivities on the fourth will culminate with an aerial firework display over the lake that will have you oohing and awing as you watch the sky light up and the glow of the ramparts red glare reflected on the lake surface.
‘Merica, *#*# yeah!
What to Know Before You Go
• Swim sessions at Ascarate Pool will begin at 12 p.m.
• Food truck arrive at 3 p.m., will serve until 10 p.m.
• Fireworks over the lake at approximately 9:20 p.m.
VIP Picnic Party
Ascarate Golf Course VIP Picnic Party "promises a spectacular view of the fireworks with the best seats in the park."
• Tickets: $30 adults, $10 children under 10. Available for purchase in golf course Pro Shop
• Includes dinner, parking pass, and live music by Whiplash
• Available for purchase in golf course Pro Shop
• $5 per vehicle, cash only
• 2,000 car limit. Once reached, no vehicles be allowed in. Visitors will have to park elsewhere and walk in.
• Open Swim will be broken up into three sessions
• 12 p.m. - 2 p.m. / 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. / 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
• $3, 17 under $2
Shelters are free and available on first come first served basis, but if you want to guarantee yourself one you can rent it in advance. Fees start at $50 for the day and can be reserved by calling 915-771-2380