El Paso 4th: Fireworks Will Thunder and Boom over Ascarate Lake
The Fourth of July is back with a bang at Ascarate Park.
El Paso County is celebrating Independence Day with food trucks, swimming, and an aerial firework display over the lake that will have you oohing and awing as you watch the sky light up and the glow of the ramparts red glare reflected on the lake surface.
What to Know Before You Go
• Swimming at Ascarate Pool will begin at 2 p.m.
• Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:20 p.m.
• Gates will close to vehicles at 8 p.m.
• Picnic shelters are free first-come-first-served, but may be rented for a fee
• Golf course is having a VIP Picnic Party
Park hours on the Fourth will be 5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Shelters are free and available on first come first served basis, but if you want to guarantee yourself one you can rent it in advance. Fees start at $50 for the day and can be reserved by calling 915-771-2380
• $5 per vehicle, cash only
• Gates will close to incoming traffic at 8 p.m. After 8, spectators may only enter on foot
• 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
• $3 adults, 17 under $2
A number of food truck will be on site at the newly renovated Special Events Area from 3p.m. to 10 p.m.
VIP Picnic Party
Ascarate Golf Course VIP Picnic Party promises “a spectacular view of the fireworks with the best seats in the park."
• Tickets: $35 adults, $10 children under 10. Available for purchase in golf course Pro Shop
• Includes dinner, parking pass, and live music by Hypnosis
• Available for purchase in golf course Pro Shop
*Click HERE for larger view