Do You Have What It Takes To Be The Next Amigo Man Mascot
Become El Paso’s Sunniest ambassador as the next Amigo Man mascot!
Being a mascot looks to be all fun and games but its serious work, especially a physical one. Being the new Amigo man mascot means more than just having a sunny disposition, it includes dedication and some out of character duties as well.
Visit El Paso is looking for their new Amigo Man and if you think you have what it takes, then check out the criteria listed below to qualify for the position.
- Develop the character of the City of El Paso Mascot “Amigo Man”
- Perform at all events determined by Destination El Paso/City of El Paso
- Responsible for mascot costume operations including, care, cleaning, maintenance
- Create goodwill in the community
- Create, schedule, organize and plan all outside community appearances
- Develop and participate in a character branding program
- Mascot experience is preferred
- Ability to endure extreme heat conditions
- Own transportation with valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Tools
- Subject to a background check
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs
- Must be available to work flexible hours including some days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Works well with children and other staff members at many events
- Good physical condition
- Must be able to fit and work in a costume
- Must be a good representative of Destination El Paso & the brand
- Must be able to travel outside of El Paso
To apply and for a complete list of the job description, expectations and qualifications click HERE.