City of El Paso Offering Free Rides to Avoid Drinking & Driving
The Mayor of El Paso is kicking off a new public service that offers rides to those who are too buzzed to get behind the wheel and avoid anyone driving under the influence.
El Paso’s Mayor, Oscar Leeser is sending out the message to not drink and drive but if you do find yourself too intoxicated to drive you now have a safe and free ride home, 24/7 all year long.
The new "Don’t Gamble with Your Life" campaign kicks off just in time for the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
According to the CDC every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver.
Drunk driving can be avoided by taking a few easy and thoughtful steps:
- Don’t drink and drive
- Designate a non-drinking driver before any party or celebration begins. Remind others to do the same.
- Get a ride home or call a taxi.
- Take the keys. Don’t let someone else drink and drive.
- If you’re hosting a party where alcohol will be served, remind your guests to plan ahead and designate their sober driver; offer alcohol-free beverages; and make sure all guests leave with a sober driver.
- Buckle up every time. It’s your best defense against a drunk driver.
Avoid drinking under the influence but if you or someone needs a free ride and safe ride home please call 915-212-7777.