Annual Walk/Run for Families in Crisis Is Going Virtual This Year
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Annual Walk/Run for Families in Crisis is going virtual this year.
On Saturday, June 27th – the Lee & Beulah Moor Children’s Home’s annual event - Walk/Run for Families in Crisis will go virtual by having participants run or walk in their neighborhoods, permitted trails or even in the comfort of their home on a treadmill, and submit results online.
Runners and walkers are encouraged to participate locally and across the country as a way to adhere to social distancing guidelines and safety measures while raising money for a worthy cause.
Here’s How To Participate:
- Registration Fee: $15 for individuals, $10 for students and military, and $10 for team members (minimum team of 10 participants) - To register CLICK HERE
- 5K Run: Participants compete for trophies and medals in various top categories. Runners will submit their run time, electronic bib number, and a screenshot or picture of their pedometer before midnight of June 28, 2020.
- 1-Mile Fun Walk: Participants and their pets have the option to wear a costume while walking for a chance to win prizes. Their pictures would be posted to the Lee & Beulah Moor Children’s Home Facebook page, and the participant with the most “likes” will win a prize.
- Scavenger Hunt: This hunt gives families the chance to enter a drawing for prizes by donating any amount starting at $1. Participants will receive text messages on June 27 with prompts inviting them to find items or answer riddles and trivia questions. For details visit ElPasoRun.org
All proceeds from this virtual event will directly benefit the children and families served by the Home and will help cover the cost of meals throughout the year.
- 18th Walk/Run for Families in Crisis - A virtual event benefiting the Lee & Beulah Moor Children's Home
- All-day Saturday - June 27, 2020 – ends at midnight
- For complete details visit: ElPasoRun.org
KEEP READING: 50 activities to keep kids busy this summer