AmistadCARES Program Offering El Paso Residents Utility Assistance
El Paso residents who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic can find utility assistance thanks to the AmistadCARES Program.
The ongoing pandemic has led to financial hardships for many families across the country including residents in El Paso.
Over the weekend Amistad launched the AmistadCARES Program to provide utility assistance to the City of El Paso residents that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
How It Works:
The AmistadCARES Program provides a one-time payment of up to $500 to cover past due utility bills from April 1, 2020, through December 2020. The one-time payment can cover up to three months of water, gas, and electric bills.
Residents must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Households who are at or below 80% Area Median Income
- Reside in the City of El Paso (excludes El Paso County)
- Demonstrate a loss of income directly related to COVID-19
- Have an active and verifiable account with the utility company
- Must not be receiving utility assistance from other sources
- To apply - Click HERE
This grant will fund the AmistadCARES Program, which is projected to assist approximately 900 households within the City of El Paso.
For more information on the AmistadCARES Program please call 915-298-7307. Select Option 1 + Option 1 + Zip Code.